About Tindale Dental Centre
At Tindale Dental Centre, Penrith we believe most people want to be healthy! We welcome everyone including new patients & emergency care, who come seeking a preferred level of dental health care, providing information that allows people to make intelligent choices regarding their dental needs. Our dentists offer the highest quality dental care by being well trained, current in our techniques, and attentive to our patients’ dental needs, wants, and desires.
Our team is comprised of top quality dental professionals with the highest credentials who work in conjunction with each other, joined together through a strong belief that how we provide dental care for you today makes all the difference in what your oral health will be twenty years from now. We have gone to great lengths to create an environment wherein a strong relationship between you and our dentists can be established.
Tindale Dental Centre was the first Practice in Penrith NSW awarded Accreditation
Achieving accreditation demonstrates a commitment to the provision of excellent dental care.
Introductory Dental Practice Accreditation is voluntary, profession-led and aims to promote continuous quality improvement.
The program is responsive to the needs and expectations of the dental profession and provides a sound evidence-based approach to accreditation by focusing on the first six NSQHS Standards that are applicable to dentistry. The accreditation cycle is two years from the date accreditation is awarded. During this time practices can undertake a process of continuous quality improvement.
Accreditation assists dental practices to:
- Build a culture of quality and patient safety
- Reduce clinical and general risks
- Educate and engage staff in quality improvement processes and systems
- Establish competitive advantage over non-accredited dental practices, and
- Promote the quality and safety of services to both patients and the community.
The NSQHS Standards were developed by the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC) in 2011 to improve the quality of health service provision in Australia. The Standards provide a nationally consistent statement of the level of care consumers should be able to expect from health services to which the Standards are applicable.The NSQHS Standards aim to protect the public from harm and improve the quality of health service provision.
NSQHS Standards for Dental Practices
Introductory Dental Practice Accreditation is a voluntary, self-regulated scheme driven by the Australian Dental Association Inc. (ADA Inc.). Participating dental practices are assessed against the first six NSQHS Standards applicable to dentistry:
- Standard 1: Governance for Safety and Quality in Health Service Organisations
- Standard 2: Partnering with Consumers
- Standard 3: Preventing and Controlling Healthcare Associated Infections
- Standard 4: Medication Safety
- Standard 5: Patient Identification and Procedure Matching
- Standard 6: Clinical Handover